Be Careful, These 7 Deadliest Plants in The World You Should Avoid!
Deadly Plants – When compared to animals, plants do not look dangerous. However, who would have thought, there were many plants that were secretly very poisonous to humans?
This plant can cause various health problems, such as causing seizures, nausea, shortness of breath and even death!
Before that happens, identify the types of deadly plants, let’s! Don’t forget to avoid it when you meet this plant, huh!
Most deadly plant in the world
Can cause various health problems and death!
Water hemlock (Cicuta Maculata)
Maybe you don’t believe it, how can this beautiful plant be dangerous to humans? In fact, water hemlock has a poison called cicutoxin.
This plant is harmless when touched, but its toxins can damage organs when this plant is consumed.
Symptoms of water hemlock poisoning are stomach cramps, twitching in the muscles, convulsions, nausea and can lead to death, says the Britannica page warns.
Death occurs due to paralysis of the respiratory organs a few hours after this plant is consumed, said the Wilderness College page.
Feel familiar with this plant? Nerium oleander is often planted in yards or gardens because of its beautiful flowers.
Who would have thought, behind its beauty, this plant is very poisonous! The most poisonous parts are the leaves and stems. So, don’t try to eat it, even if it’s just for fun!
The nectar part of the flowers is no less poisonous. The poison is called oleandrin and can cause nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, vertigo, convulsions and even coma!
And it is not recommended to burn this plant, because the smoke contains toxins and can be dangerous if inhaled, said the SF Gate page.
It looks like lavender which is used to repel mosquitoes, in fact, isn’t it! This is Aconitum napellus, a poisonous plant.
In the past, the poison was used to smear arrowheads for hunting or war purposes. If humans accidentally ingest this plant it will be fatal to health!
Aconitum napellus contains neurotoxins and cardiotoxins. This can cause gastrointestinal complications, weakness in the motor system, resulting in paralysis of the heart and lungs, said the Gizmodo page. Just use this plant to decorate your yard, don’t try to eat it!
Even though the fruit looks delicious, don’t try to pick and eat it every now and then, OK! Atropa belladonna is a poisonous plant that has been nicknamed deadly nightshade.
The roots, leaves and fruit contain alkaloid substances, such as atropine, hyocyamine and scopolamine.
Eating this plant can cause muscle paralysis and heart problems. In fact, touching the leaves alone can cause skin irritation!
In addition, this plant can also cause lethargy, coma and death, said a study published in the Turkish Journal of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation.
White snakeroot (Ageratina altissima)
Have you ever seen this plant in the yard or on the side of the road? Be careful, even though it’s tiny, Ageratina altissima is poisonous!
The poison is called tremetol which can cause trembling, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weakness and serious intestinal problems in humans, said the Gizmodo page.
In extreme cases, this plant can cause seizures, coma and death! If someone escapes death after consuming this plant, he will feel weak for several weeks, explained the Britannica page. Even animals that accidentally eat this plant can be trembled and poisoned.
Have you ever seen this beautiful flower? Yep, Angel trumpet (Brugmansia) is one of the plants that is widely planted in the yard because of its beauty.
However, who would have thought that this plant was poisonous and dangerous for humans? Angel Trumpet contain scopolamine and atropine, explained the Gizmodo page.
Scopolamine can cause fever, vomiting, restlessness, confusion, hallucinations, convulsions and weaken breathing, emphasizes the Drugs.com page.
Meanwhile, atropine makes vision blur, fast heart rate, loss of balance, nausea, dizziness and sensitivity to light, said the RxList page.
The red seeds look striking, at first glance similar to the colorful chocolate candy we are used to eating.
However, do not occasionally be tempted to taste it, because this plant is poisonous and deadly! The seeds contain abrin, a poisonous compound that can cause diarrhea, vomiting, tremors and even kidney and heart failure!
One case of severe abrin poisoning was reported. This was experienced by a 16 year old girl who swallowed 10 Abrus precatorius seeds.
Afterward, he experienced nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhea. In fact, the stool is bloody and the urine turns red, says the journal published in the Journal Medicine (Baltimore).
So, those are the 7 most dangerous and deadly plants for humans. Don’t try to eat it every once in a while, OK!
Leave a Comment